Saturday, June 30, 2012

I am alive. Hehe.

Hello all! I am alive. Sorry for the lack of correspondence, but we have been beyond busy & have had some late evenings. I have tried to upload some pictures, but the process is going entirely too slow. So we leave where we are currently at & we are moving to a new place right along the Sea of Galilee! So hopefully there I can upload some pictures. We shall see. I will go backwards in time on this blog. Starting with today and then I will discuss yesterday then the day before. Today was Sabath so it was literally that. And let me just tell you all it was totally needed! This trip is not for the weary. We woke up later 8:30am. Did a study in the prayer garden here which was an amazing study. Then it was followed by a church service with the Christian Jewish congregation here. Then nap time for 3 hours!!! Then we did another lesson in the prayer garden on the olive oil press & it's relation to the Bible. Again, amazing! Our teacher/tour guide Arie is probably one of the most amazing teachers of the word EVER! After that we made the trip to Tel Aviv & ate along the Meditterean sea. Ummm so good. Had some Gelato, ummm so good again. Then we did a lesson in the place in the Bible called Jappa. Went to the port where Jonah set sale. We had a late night tonight, but it was a fantastic, restful day. Yesterday's start was a heavy start. We want to Jerusalem's Holocast museum. I am not a fan of anything related to the Holocast. Not that anyone really is I suppose, but I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing another image of those horrific events. The hardest part for me was when our tour guide shared the story of many mothers with their babies & how the Nazi's were trying to save bullets. Our guide went into detail on how they killed both the mother & baby with one bullet & what would happen if they didn't get the baby in the shot. Afterwards we saw some pictures of mothers holding their babies getting ready for this moment & could not contain my emotions. I was broken. I turned my head set off & began to wrap in the corner. To think of what those mothers must have been thinking. I can not even write how they were to kill them because I will begin to wrap again. I was pretty much done with the museum after this. What a horrific day it was. After this we went to the site of David & Goliath. Now this was awesome. Tow truly see the Bible come to life. We practiced throwing rocks with actual slings that they would have used right in the spot of the story. Pretty crazy. Yesterday was a shorter day than the past ones because Sabath started at 6 & we had to be back. Whoooo onto the day before that. This day was crazy cool to. We started our long track to the Dead Sea/Masada. We first went through a check point that two days prior to us going though there there was a terrist attack. So when we went through it there were about 5-6 Israeli shouldiers with machine guns standing guard. Not too long after that we came to a stop. There was a military group of men along side the road, Arie said something not good happened here. As we passed these men you could see a van had been burned to crisp. Not sure still what happened, but Arie said it had to be a terrist situation cause of the military that we're ther. CrAzY!! Thank God for his traveling mercies! We finally reached our first destination an oasis in the middle of the desert. It's this crazy water fall/spring that King David liked to go to. And I know why. We hiked up to this place & got into the water. It was amazing & beautiful! And literally right in the middle of the desert. After this point we went onto Masada. What a views from the top. This was once one of King Herods homes & then belonged to a Jewish community that later committed suicide so that the Romans would not be able to kill them once they reached the top. Of course this is the short short version of both stories. It was cool cause they found tiles from King Herolds floor still in great shape. Don't worry I have pictures. After this we headed to the Dead Sea which we floated in. Craziest thing ever! Probably one of the top 5 craziest things I have ever done. We all began to rub the sand from the bottom of the sea onto our skin & made a "spa like" experience out of it. Of course Randy lost his wedding ring along the beaches there as well as the shirt he was wearing (if you know Randy at all, he looses pretty much everything) so we had to turn around once he realized he had lost his ring. Luckily it was found without too much trouble. And to his family, yes, I did give home the Willis head shake. Spiritually I could sit u der Arie's teachings for the rest of my life. He truly has been given the gift of teaching. Mentally I will need months to meditate in everything that we are learning. Physically I am tired, but also sense God giving me a supernatural energy. Please continue to pray for health, energy & focus for me. Boston is feeling much better. He got a shot sadly, but his health is on the up & up. You all are wonderful! Please comment or ask questions at any point. It is nice to know you all are out ther :). ~Eleanor~

No comments:

Post a Comment