Wednesday, June 27, 2012

This was going to be a picture blog today, but....

Ha. Well I spent the last hour trying to upload some pics, but alas nothing. So tomorrow I may just try to do one of the following: email you all some pics or send you a link to my Facebook page (which I don't think you have to have a Facebook account to view tham). We will see what I come up with. Today was so cool, so amazing, so hot, so long, so hard, so fun, so thrilling, so challenging & in the end so peaceful. Which hopefully all of you have been praying for peace for me. That was a ton of emotions but it was truly my day. Lemme first say we walked close to seven miles today, Mathis was up & down hills. It was long & hard. We first went the Eastern Wall & the Temple Mount. Both were extremely interesting to me. People's religious beliefs are something to try to understand I think. Today I tried to get as much understanding as possible. The amazing part to me was literally on one side of the wall is the eastern wall and on the other is the Muslim dome of the rock. So real. Both places required men & women to cover themselves. I wore a long skirt & a sweater over my shirt. We went to the City of David, this was where I experienced something crazy cool, amazing in fact. We got to walk through Hezikkiah's tunnels. These were the tunnels he built secretly to keep the City of David with water. They have been found & have running water going through them. So our group took the tour. It was so cool! Have I said that already? Hehe. I wish you all could have joined us, cause its simply not possible for me to tell you. We also went and visited the Pools of Bethesda. We did the Southern steps, western wall, holy sepulcher, Jaffa gate, the Jewish Quarter & the upper room. All walking mind you. Our guide is Arie, he is 64 & never once seemed to struggle. This guy is crazy in shape. I wish I had time to go into detail about each place, but I am falling asleep writing this post even now. Ha. Please be in prayer for Boston, found out tonight that he is not feeling well at all. :( until next time. ~Eleanor~

No comments:

Post a Comment